Announcements - COVID-19 updates
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister, we expect to receive further clarification from the DfE to allow us to plan for the phased reopening of the school. We will notify you when these plans are confirmed. School arrangements remain as they have been in previous weeks.
HOME LEARNING: All Home Learning can be accessed for each Year group by clicking on the 'Remote Learning' tab.
Updated Critical Workers List 15/05/2020
COVID-19 Update 07/05/2020
'Following the statement of the Secretary of State for Education to parliament on Wednesday 18th March 2020, the school will be closed at the end of the school day on Friday 20th March 2020 until further notice for all pupils except those who are vulnerable (EHCP/pupils with a Social Worker) and/or are children of key workers for whom the school remains open'.
We will provide a further update in relation to Free School Meals in advance of the school closure on Friday.’
I WOULD LIKE TO STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE THAT STATES:
“If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading. That is why the government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend and cannot arrange childcare.”
In order to support key workers and the contributions they can make to fighting the spread of the virus, we will be keeping our school open for your children. If you work in the following sectors, you are considered a key worker and therefore you will be able to keep sending your child/children to our school, to enable you to continue to work.
Key workers: Subject to confirmation from the Cabinet Office
- Armed Forces Personnel
- Firefighters and other related staff in the Fire and Rescue Services
- Local Authority staff (Environmental Health Officers, Planning officers etc)
- NHS workers involved in clinical work such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, ambulance drivers
- Police officers, including Community Support Officers and some civilian staff
- Prison Service Staff and Probation Service Staff
- Social Workers, Educational Psychologists and Therapists employed by Local Authorities or NHS
- Teachers and Nursery Nurses
- Delivery Drivers
- Highway Agency Staff
- Ministry of Defence Staff
IF YOU WORK IN ONE OF THESE SECTORS, PLEASE COULD YOU CONTACT SCHOOL BY CALLING 01205 362092 TO CONFIRM WHICH FIELD YOU WORK IN AND TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD / CHILDREN TO CONTINUE TO ATTEND SCHOOL.