Hello from Miss Morley and Miss Bakutiene.
Welcome to Year 4's remote learning page. From this page you can access your remote learning.
Please use the links on the right of the screen.
Remember, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is Year 4's remote learning timetable:
9:15 - Register and English;
11am - Register and Maths;
1:30pm - Register and RE or a topic lesson;
(All of these lessons will be via Teams).
The live lessons will also be recorded and if you would like to watch a recorded version of any of the sessions please contact me using the e-mail address above.
Click on the folders on the right to access the resources and activities from the Teams lessons. If you can't join us on Teams you can still use the resources and activities.
Please send in your completed work using the e-mail address.
Whilst you are at home, we want you to continue on your learning journey and take the opportunity to practice things you’ve learnt already. In Key Stage 2, the expectation is that you should complete five hours of learning per day.
Ask an adult to Tweet us any examples of your super learning from home (@Bostonstmarys) because we’d love to see it! Remember to keep safe online; use the phrase ‘for kids’ at the end of any Google search, watch online videos with an adult and if you see or hear anything that makes you uncomfortable in any way please talk to an adult about it.
Once you have completed the remote learning set for you by your teachers, you might like to complete one of these extra activities:
- Write a great story with lots of adjectives, adverbs, similes and direct speech.
- Practice your spellings.
- Practice your handwriting by copying something out of a book you’ve enjoyed.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ have lots of free eBooks you could read.
We also want you to look after yourself and have fun so here are some ideas for that too:
- Listen to some music.
- Keep a diary of how you are feeling.
- Play a card game or a board game.
- Play in the garden.
- Watch a film. You could even write a review of the film afterwards.
- With an adults help, contact your friends.
- Do something creative – make something out of recycling!
- Help at home.
- Please check the school website (https://www.bostonstmarys.co.uk/) and our Twitter account @Bostonstmarys regularly for updates. You will find your child’s learning under the separate year group pages within the ‘Remote Learning’ tab of our website. Your child should prioritise this learning before completing any additional education activities (e.g. those suggested above or via any of the extra links we have suggested).
- Twinkl, an educational company, have very kindly provided some free resources to help with school and bubble closures. Click this link to explore their resources: https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/keystage2-ks2/ks2-class-management/school-closure-home-learning-classroom-management-key-stage-2-year-3-4-5-6/2