Learning Project – To be completed throughout the week
Here is an overview of tasks I’d like the EYFS children to be completing at home over the next week.
Understanding Our World
- Look at the postcards, can you talk about where they might be with your adult. Do they look like a place you have been to? What countries have you been to before? Can you look at a map and find them? Where would you like to visit in the world, do you like hot or colder weather?
- Could you label the picture of the fish, you can draw your own fish and label the different parts?
- Talk about different animals you can see in the Sea, what do they have in common?
You can watch some of this video and talk about what you can see:
Write in your Bean Diary (Each week – long term project as it grows)
Please send us your bean’s progress on Tapestry, we would love to see how they are growing.
Is your bean growing? What has happened so far?
Can you draw and label a picture of it?
Can you create a picture on your floor from things in your house? Example: socks into shapes, spoons on a table, a face from odd bits and pieces, outside with daisies or grass on a flat surface. Look at Andy Goldsworthy’s work for some inspiration.
Can you draw a fish using your hand to draw around? What colours will you choose?
Can you make a whale from the paper craft template?
Look at the postcard pictures what sorts of noises would you hear in the different places around the world. Could you make some of the noises with things in your house or your voice. I.e car horns, the sea, birds, children, insects.
Listen to one of our class favourite songs from EYFS Activity and Song links and sing-along to them. Can you remember the signs we have learnt for the words?
- Design a new alarm clock for Tiddler, would it have any special features? How would it wake him up? You could draw and label or have a go at making your idea from junk modelling materials.
- Can you make your own sea scene using a box or other junk model materials? Maybe you could use lego or another construction material you have at home or draw a lovely picture.
Relax and unwind with some yoga from Cosmic Kids
Cosmic Kids - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Take part in the daily Joe Wicks School Gym Workout at home, why not see if your adults and siblings will join inhttps://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
Could you make up your own game to raise your heart rate?
Can you write a message ‘in a bottle’ to your future self, to tell you what you have enjoyed this week, what you would really like to do once things are going back to normal? Maybe you could write about the things you are really glad you have.
Could you take a photo yourself to upload to Tapestry of something that made you smile this week?
Can you use the emojis to log into Wonde and Education City yourself?