Topic focus: Jesus’ rule for friends.
Suggested Prayer to start your R.E session:
Prayer for friendship
Bless my life with the gift of friendship.
For those who have chosen to be my friends,
I am grateful.
Let our love, respect,
and affection for each other flourish.
Make me a good friend,
one who is loyal and caring and ready to forgive.
To you, who are our truest friend, I pray.
Suggested Song to start your session: "Come and join the circle"
- Is there anything which might break the friendship circle?
- What are some things that make you and others unhappy? Talk about saying sorry?
- What does it mean to forgive?
- What is Jesus’ rule?
- What will happen when you are happy together?
- Why do you like your friends?
- What makes a good friend?
- What will help to mend the circle?
Task: Can you make a friendship card for one of your classmates?
How can we show our friendship without being together at the moment?
Suggested song to finish your session: 'I'm Sorry'