Eligibility for teacher training (School Direct- Primary)
For all School Direct specialisms you will normally need:
- GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent, see BGU website for details) in English Language, Mathematics and Science at the time of application.
- A relevant honours degree at a 2:2 classification or above; (Where the degree result is to be awarded in the year of application, we will require a predicted degree classification as part of an academic reference provided on the application)
- Experience – please see below information below
- Declaration of Health
- DBS (formerly the CRB) Enhanced Disclosure
When short listing for interview, we will consider the following aspects of your qualifications:
- GCSE grades (or equivalents) and relevance of subjects
- A Level grades (or equivalents) and relevance of subjects
- Degree Class and relevance of content
- Additional relevant qualifications
Experience in a relevant setting is important as it will help you to make sure that you are aware of the role of a teacher in the twenty-first century. The course is intensive and demanding and you need to be aware of what a career in the teaching profession entails.
We encourage you to gain some experience in schools as this is a good starting point for you to gain an interview in School.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) – formerly the CRB and Health
In addition you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Declaration of Health Form, or if required, a medical examination. In addition, all students will need to pay for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). A successful Enhanced Disclosure is required before commencing the course.
If you have any questions about the entry requirements for this course, please contact our Enquiries team for advice on +44 (0) 1522 583658 or email email@example.com