Eligibility for teacher training (School Direct- Primary)
For all School Direct specialisms (3-7 years or 5-11year) you will normally need:
- A UK honours degree at a 2:2 classification or above; (Where the degree result is to be awarded in the year of application, we will require a predicted degree classification as part of an academic reference provided on the application) OR equivalent
- GCSE English Language at grade C OR equivalent at the time of application
- GCSE Maths at grade C OR equivalent at the time of application
- GCSE Science at grade C OR equivalent at the time of application
- Two references (one from an employer)
- Experience – please see below information below
- Declaration of Health
- DBS (formerly the CRB) Enhanced Disclosure
Experience in a relevant setting is important as it will help you to make sure that you are aware of the role of a teacher in the twenty-first century. The course is intensive and demanding and you need to be aware of what a career in the teaching profession entails.
We encourage you to gain some experience in schools as this is a good starting point for you to gain an interview in School.
Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) – formerly the CRB and Health
In addition you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Declaration of Health Form, or if required, a medical examination. In addition, all students will need to pay for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). A successful Enhanced Disclosure is required before commencing the course.
If you have any questions about the entry requirements for this course, please contact our Enquiries team for advice on +44 (0) 1522 583658 or email email@example.com
How to apply -
For School Direct courses you apply online via UCAS Teacher Training.