There are six areas of learning in the curriculum for the foundation stage. Each area includes several aspects of learning. These are listed below and numbered for ease of reference.
Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
1.Dispositions and attitudes.
2. Self-confidence and self-esteem.
3. Making relationships.
4. Behaviour and slef-control.
6. Sense of cimmunity
Communication, language and literacy (CLL)
1. Language for communication.
2. Language for thinking.
3. Linking sounds and letters.
Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy (PSRN)
1. Numbers as labels and as for counting.
3. Shape, space and measures.
Knowledge and undrestanding of the world (KUW)
1. Exploration and investigation.
2. Designing and making skills.
3. Information and communication technology.
4. A sense of time.
5. A sense of place.
6. Cultures and beliefs.
Physical development (PD)
1. Movement and space.
2. Health and bodily awareness.
3. Using equipment and materials.
Creative development (CD)
1. Being creative - Responding to experiences, expressing and communicating ideas.
2. Exploring media and materials.
3. Creating music and dance.
4. Developing imagination and imaginitive play.
Please follow this link to find out about the Reception Cornerstones projects.